1. Set the goals you want to achieve by opening a profile on Instagram
Before deciding to open your business profile on a social network, you should ask yourself why you are doing it. What does having a profile on Instagram contribute to my business? What goals do I want to achieve by having a presence on this social network?
One of the key steps to take before officially launching your brand’s account on Instagram is to set the goals you want to achieve.
For example, some of the goals you can set yourself are the following:
- Show the most human side of our brand through our content strategy.
- Give more visibility to our products or services.
- Increase qualified traffic to our website.
- Create a solid and close community around our products and services.
The objectives you set for yourself will depend entirely on the situation in which you find yourself and the type of your business.
In this post, I give you 8 super tips to help you set your strategic objectives.
2. Have an optimized profile
First impressions matter, a lot.
If you want to make a good impression on the first visitors when you officially launch your brand’s account on Instagram, you must have an optimized profile.
The parts to optimize within an Instagram profile are the following:
Here are some tips so that you can quickly and easily optimize your profile.
- Use a name that is descriptive of your brand. People should instantly recognize what your brand is about.
- Choose a profile image that quickly identifies your brand. The most recommended thing is that you put the logo of your brand.
- Use relevant hash tags from your business to promote them and make them stand out in your bio.
- Use emojis to make your bio more visually appealing.
- Use calls to action to guide users to take a certain action (click on a link, send you a message, watch your latest video on YouTube, etc.)
- Create highlight stories to communicate important aspects related to your brand. You can upload these stories the day before the official launch of the profile and put them already as featured, so the first visitors will not see hundreds of stories that can be confusing.
3. Don’t have an empty account
You cannot officially announce the creation of a new profile on Instagram without first generating content in it.
If we want to make a good first impression in addition to optimizing our profile, we must generate content both in the feed (at least a minimum of 9 publications) and in our stories.
From my point of view, one of the best ways to start an Instagram profile is by posting a mosaic that conveys a very powerful message from your brand. Below you can see an example:
This was the mosaic that we used to promote the new Instagram account of an event on the island of Ibiza.
4. Create a promotion plan for your account
The first days since the official launch of your profile on Instagram you must embroider it, and for this, you must previously create a promotion plan.
How do you intend to give visibility to your new profile?
Keep in mind all the channels you have to promote your new account and detail the actions you can take that best suit each channel.
5. Use Facebook & Instagram Ads
One of the best ways to promote your new Instagram account quickly and effectively is through paid advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
As you may well know, one of the most important aspects when running Facebook and Instagram Ads campaigns is segmentation. Here are some ideas of perfect audiences for your ads when launching your new account on Instagram:
- People who are already fans of your page on Facebook.
- People who have recently visited your website.
- People from your database in your email marketing tool.
- People who have interacted with some of your content on Facebook.
6. Promote your account with a contest
Contests work well on Instagram and are therefore the perfect way to get followers and visibility in the early stages of your Instagram journey.
Some of the conditions that the user would have to meet to participate in the contest could be to follow your profile, tag you in an Instagram Stories, mention X friends in a publication, etc. All these actions will give enormous visibility to your profile.
7. Interact with other accounts
Interacting with other Instagram accounts is a tip that you should always follow, but more in your initial stage on Instagram.
If you want to achieve visibility and transmit a good brand image, you must reply to comments, follow other accounts, comment on the publications of other accounts, etc.
8. Create a content plan for your account
You have launched your new account to the world and you have smashed it.
But now what?
One of the most common mistakes that brands make when starting to have a presence on Instagram (and in general in any social network) is to start without having a content plan designed.
Maybe we survive the first week, but the next week we no longer know what content to share on our profile and we leave our followers orphans.
It is very important that before announcing and starting to promote your new profile on Instagram you have designed a content plan that has at least a minimum duration of 1 month.
When someone starts following us, they give us a bit of trust. We shouldn’t disappoint!
And here the post today!
SuperViral Au hope these tips for launching your new Instagram profile have been useful to you and you can apply them to all your new projects. If so, you will make me very happy.